Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate
The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies in partnership with eCornell offers a certificate program exploring the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet. This ground-breaking, world-class, fully online program is based on the work of Dr. T. Colin Campbell (The China Study) and a variety of leading experts in the field. Our 6-week, 3-course certificate provides students insight into the facts and science behind a whole food, plant-based lifestyle. Reductionist “nutrient-by-nutrient” approaches to nutrition are questioned, and the “wholistic” point of view is advanced by Dr. Campbell. It provides a basis of knowledge that can be used in life, work, or practice to more fully explain and better educate others on the role of diet in everyday health and healing.
You Will Learn
- The role of nutrition in the development of chronic disease
- Physiological reasons we are drawn to foods that do not support health
- Environmental consequences of our food choices
- The impact of industry on both science and public policy
- Common misperceptions about protein, fat, carbohydrates, and supplements
- The rationale for whole food, plant-based nutrition
- and more!
About the Program
The certificate is divided into 3 courses, each taking 2 weeks to complete and includes 17 information packed lectures, readings, discussions, no-pressure quizzes, and bonus materials.
- Courses begin every 2 weeks so you can start whenever you are ready
- Course materials are available 24 hours per day for 3 weeks each
- No prerequisites
- Research-based content
- Opportunities for networking with fellow participants both during and after your courses
Who Should Enroll
This program has something to offer to everyone including:
- Anyone with a passion for food and optimal health
- Healthcare professionals
- Educators and wellness practitioners such as lifestyle coaches, personal trainers, massage therapists, chiropractors etc.
- Students who complete this certificate are eligible for Continuing Education Credits for physicians, nurses, pharmacists and dietitians. Additional fees may apply.
Our Plant-Based Nutrition certificate is offered through eCornell, Cornell University’s online learning subsidiary. eCornell provides online professional and executive development to students around the world and offers more than 30 award-winning professional certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines. eCornell‘s unique approach to online learning combines the most effective elements of an Ivy League classroom with the flexibility of an online learning environment. Courses are all developed by Cornell University faculty, and often include practical insights from other industry experts.
The eCornell Plant Based Nutrition Course, along with readings such as The China Study and Whole are essential tools needed to advance your health career.Kimatni D. Rawlins, Nutrition & Fitness Technician
The content was impressive, the featured instructors so knowledgeable and the platform professional and user-friendly.Katie Hussong, RN, Holistic Health Coach and Culinary Nutrition Expert
Taking these courses opened my eyes to the paradigm shift that is taking place in the medical world.Dr. Mark J. Occhipinti, PhD, ND