Total: 50 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
This oil-free alternative showcases the natural flavor that rises from simply roasting garlic.
- 1 head garlic
- With a sharp knife, cut across the top of the head of garlic and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375°, or until each clove is soft to the touch and the skin resembles lightly browned parchment.
- To eat, squeeze or scoop out the garlic purée with the tip of a knife.
- Choose garlic heads that have larger cloves for easier scooping after the garlic is baked.
- Roasted garlic keeps well in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.