Total: 50 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
This oil-free alternative showcases the natural flavor that rises from simply roasting garlic.
- With a sharp knife, cut across the top of the head of garlic, then put the top back on. Set garlic heads, cut-side up in a small baking dish just large enough to hold them.
- Cover the dish tightly with a lid or with parchment paper under heavy-duty aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes at 375°, or until each clove is soft to the touch and the skin resembles lightly browned parchment.
- To eat, scoop out the garlic purée from one of the cloves with the tip of a knife and spread on top of bread or save for use in a recipe.
- Choose garlic heads that have large sized cloves for easier scooping after the garlic is baked.
- Roasted garlic keeps well in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.