Apple Oatmeal Muffins
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Deliciously moist apple muffins made with oatmeal and whole wheat pastry flour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Purée ¼ to ½ cup (depending on sweetness desired) pitted dates with 1 cup applesauce.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flax seed and water. Add applesauce, milk, sugar, raisins, and vinegar; mix well. Add the oats, stir until blended, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add this to the apple/oat mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spoon mixture into silicone muffin pan that has been lightly oiled. (If using a regular muffin pan, I find it best to use cupcake papers.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.