Blackberry Lemon Tea Cakes
Total: 55 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen
These tea cakes are delicious served at breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners (or use a nonstick pan).
- Combine flour, Sucanat, baking powder, and zest in a medium bowl.
- Mix together soy yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and egg replacers in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in the blackberries.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle coconut over the tops for decoration (optional).
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a tea cake comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
- Raspberries can be substituted for the blackberries in this recipe.
- These tea cakes are delicious served at breakfast.
Reprinted from The China Study Cookbook. Copyright © 2013, LeAnne Campbell, PhD.