Butternut Squash Muffins for Halloween
Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
The grated, fresh butternut squash vs. a puree allows you to taste its deliciousness much more intensely.
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight, then rinse and drain.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C ).
- Grate the butternut squash finely.
- Put all ingredients, except squash, poppy seeds and baking powder, into blender and blend into smooth batter.
- Blend in the baking powder.
- Finally mix in poppy seeds and grated squash.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin forms.
- Bake in the middle rack for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- You can replace tahini with any other nut or seed paste.
- Freeze the leftover muffins and heat them up in the oven whenever needed.