Chia, sesame and pumpkin seeds make this easy but fantastic vegan chocolate dessert pop along with hazelnuts, pistachios, orange slices and cardamom.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice orange widthwise and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 2-3 hours until dry, but slightly sticky. Remove from oven and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, break orange slices into shards; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together nuts, seeds and orange zest to thoroughly combine. Place in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until it reaches 88-90 degrees F and pour over nut mixture to coat completely.
- When chocolate is semi-cool but still tacky, sprinkle surface with sea salt and orange shards.
- Place in a cool area of your kitchen or refrigerate until bark cools completely, and break up into bite-size pieces.
- Orange chips can be made up to several days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe by Chef Celine Beitchman of the Natural Gourmet Institute.