Pumpkin Pecan Oat Cookies
This easy recipe avoids refined sugar or syrup with the natural sweetness of bananas. Pumpkin purée keeps them oil-free while maple extract and pumpkin pie spice mix adds a seasonal flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the wet mixture: In a blender or food processor, combine the bananas, pumpkin purée, and maple extract in a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- For the dry ingredients: Combine the oats with the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice mix, baking powder, and salt. Add the currants and pecan pieces. Stir to mix.
- Add the puréed pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- To portion and bake cookies: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Portion about 2 Tbsp of cookie batter per cookies. This makes about 20 cookies.
- Place cookies in oven on 350 degrees F. Bake 15-20 minutes, turning the pan about halfway through.
- Cookies are done when golden brown on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Currants add a pop of sweetness to these treats. You can also use raisins, golden raisins, chopped dates, or chopped cherries.