Zucchini Oat Muffins
Quick and easy plant-based muffins made with gluten-free oats, chia seeds and summer-loving zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine ground chia seeds with water and let sit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine almond milk with lemon juice and let sit. Don’t panic as it curdles – it’s supposed to!
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add vanilla and chia seeds to almond milk/lemon juice mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Fold in zucchini, raisins and walnuts. Let sit 5-10 minutes before filling prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 21-23 minutes. Once muffins are out of the oven wait 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Try really hard not to eat them all in one sitting.
Approximate nutritional info:
With walnuts – 153 calories, 3.75 fat grams; without walnuts -125 calories, 1 gram fat.