Brown Rice and Beans
This rice and beans recipe compliments any vegetable dish for a deliciously filling plant-based meal.
- Sauté 1 onion and 1 garlic clove with a splash of water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook partially covered, until rice is finished.
- Cover Beans with water in a bowl, and soak overnight. Strain and wash soaked beans.
- Place beans and 3 cups water in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cook, partially covered until soft.
- Sauté 1 onion and 1 clove garlic with a splash of water for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a Tbsp of soft cooked beans to fry pan, and mash them to release starch.
- Add black pepper and garlic powder.
- Return mixture to beans pot.
- Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Serve over the brown rice.