Chickpea Cauliflower Quiche
Total: 40 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
This ‘quiche’ is perfect for picnics and lunch boxes as it tastes just as delicious cold as it does hot.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Chop the zucchini and onion and set aside.
- Grate/process the cauliflower (to a rice like consistency) and add to the dry mix, then add the water and mix through well.
- Stir in the onion, zucchini and rosemary last. The mixture should be thick and clumpy but easy to spoon into a tin. I used an 8” silicone cake tin, but you could also use a metal one with removable bottom. This would work in a pie dish but I’m not sure how well it would remove from the pan.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan but leave the top quite rough for some nice texture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approx. 30 mins until the top is nice and golden.
- Serve either hot or cold.
Jo Hodson lives in England and is the health coach behind the holistic health website Including Cake and creator of the vegan health food brand Wholeplus. “Where your health & life go hand in hand” is her mantra and you can visit her to share the love on includingcake.com. You’ll also find her sharing food on Facebook and Instagram. She is a graduate of the Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell.