Deli Style ‘Tuna’ Salad Sandwich with Cashew Mayo
Prep: 20 minutes + overnight
Yield: 3 servings
Recipe from The 40-Year-Old Vegan: 75 Recipes to Make You Leaner, Cleaner, and Greener in the Second Half of Life.
- Blend cashews, garlic, vinegar, sea salt, water in high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Makes approximately ¾ cup mayo, more than needed for this recipe, but you’ll want to keep extra on hand for your favorite sandwiches.
- Mix chickpeas, ⅓ cup of the cashew mayo, and capers in a food processor until creamy, resembling tuna fish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chickpea mixture with celery, salt, and pepper, and stir by hand until completely combined.
- Spread mixture onto three slices of bread. Top with the remaining slices.
Twin sisters Sandra & Susan Sellani are authors of The Forty-Year-Old Vegan Cookbook: 75 Recipes to Make You Leaner, Cleaner and Greener in the Second Half of Life. Sandra has her Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, and completed her culinary training at Matthew Kenney Culinary Academy. Susan has a B.S. in Business Administration and an M.S. in Organizational Management/Human Resources and a Graduate Certificate in Executive and Professional Coaching.