Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
Total: 13 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
You’ll wish every diner and deli had an oil-free eggplant sandwich on the menu after trying this recipe!
- Slice eggplant on the diagonal in 1/4-inch slices.
- Brush with soy sauce and grill on a stove-top grill or seasoned iron skillet over medium high heat for 2-4 minutes on each side until it is soft and slightly browned.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with vinegar. Set aside.
- Toast bread, if desired and spread 2-4 cloves of garlic on bottom slice, add a layer of grilled eggplant folding the softened pieces to fit on the bread slice.
- Top with slices of roasted red pepper and lettuce.
- Spread the top slice of bread with mustard, if desired, then complete the sandwich and serve.