Quick & Easy Plant-Based Curry
Total: 55 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This curry ticks all the boxes of a nutritious meal and it’s yummy!
- Start cooking the rice by whichever method you prefer, i.e. in rice cooker, saucepan etc.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add 1 can of the tomatoes, the garam masala, turmeric, onion and ginger and stir with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or so until fragrant.
- Add the second can of tomatoes, 1 cup of water, the chickpeas or tofu, the diced pumpkin and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a lively simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and the sauce has reduced.
- Turn off the heat, add the grated zucchini and stir it through. The zucchini will cook with the heat of the curry. Taste the curry and season with pepper to taste. You can also add a little more garam masala (1 tsp at a time) to taste.
- Serve the curry with the brown basmati rice and garnish with cilantro leaves, and some fresh or dried red chilli. Enjoy.