Sweet Squash and Garbanzo Curry
Its winter here in Australia and this is my go to meal for a cold and rainy day because it is so quick and easy. Ingredients like garbanzo beans and squash make this a budget friendly dish and you’ll find it warming yet sweet. This curry also makes a good base if you need to clean out your fridge – I’ll often add cauliflower, broccoli, kale, bell peppers or anything else I need to use up, and it still tastes just as good. The flavors get better as it sits, so I tend to enjoy this even more the day after I make it.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices with a little stock to your pot and combine over medium heat.
- Add carrot, zucchini (courgette) and squash and stir until well mixed.
- Add can of tomato/fresh tomatoes, stock, grapes (sultanas) and garbanzo beans. Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes (or until vegetables are soft), stirring occasionally.
- Add maple syrup and spinach about 2 minutes before taking pot off heat – stir well.
- Serve with quinoa or brown rice.
- If possible store in fridge overnight to let flavours infuse.
- Tastes best if made the day before consuming.