Salad Wraps With Beans and Greens
Is your brown bag lunch routine ready for a shake-up? Try this whole-grain veggie roll-up, full of plant-based nutrition, for a brand new perspective on your entire afternoon.
- Spread the tortilla with a layer of hummus. Cover most of the hummus with the spinach, from one end all the way across to the other. Add the asparagus down the center.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the Spiced Beans, Pepper, and Onions mixture over the top. Carefully roll the tortilla as tightly as you can.
- To slice, cut the wrap into halves. Line up the two halves, and cut each one into halves again, and serve.
Spiced Beans, Peppers, and Onions Recipe
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Seasoning
Steam-sauté onion and green pepper in a hot pan until tender. Add beans and the seasoning, and continue to cook together until well combined, and heated through. Place a generous scoop or two (approximately 1/2 cup) in wrap above. Store remainder in the refrigerator.