Vegan Caesar Salad
Creamy cashew-based vegan Caesar dressing and homemade croutons makes this salad a real crowd pleaser.
For the dressing
For the Salad
For the Croutons
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut up the bread into cubes and mix in a bowl with oregano, basil, and splash of lemon juice to coat.
- Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Check to make sure croutons are “browning” but not burning. Let cool for 10 minutes. Set aside croutons.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine the salad base, croutons, and dressing and toss.
- Recipe for roasted garlic. You can also buy roasted garlic from the market, just watch for added oil.
- For the croutons, I pre-cube the bread and store it in the freezer until I am ready to use.