Oil-free, gluten-free, dairy-free vegetarian mushroom gravy is guilt-free and satisfying. It is proof that you actually can have it all with a plant-based diet.
- Clean and slice mushrooms, then sauté them in water until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup of stock until smooth (you can shake it in a small plastic container with a tight fitting lid).
- Add remaining stock to the mushrooms, the soy sauce and about 1/2 the flour mixture.
- Bring gravy to a simmer for 3- 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- If the gravy is not thick enough for your taste add the remaining flour mixture and continue heating and stirring until it thickens.
- Serve warm (and as soon as possible.)