Quinoa, Sweet Potato and Corn ‘Cheese’ Sauce
Quinoa not only brings a marvelous nutritional profile to the sauce, but imparts a delicate and subtle texture. Sweet potato adds color, taste, and fiber, the corn balances them both. A classic “South American” combination!
- Put quinoa and sweet potato into pot with water. Bring to boil, cover, let simmer for 20 minutes (until the water is gone). Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes (still covered). Uncover, let cool to room temperature.
- Add quinoa & sweet potato mixture to blender or food processor (preferred). Pulse the mixture a few times.
- Add rest of the ingredients, with the water added in between pulse blends, gradually increasing processing until a smooth pancake-like batter is achieved.
- The Chipotle mustard adds a nice kick in taste. The overall taste may have to be adjusted a bit if using a different mustard.
- Using frozen corn is not advised.
- Makes near 3 cups of sauce.
This recipe is part of the Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Pizza.