Vegan Breakfast Sausages With Apples & Shiitakes
The addition of soy curls helps a lot with the consistency. I know they’re not easy to find in stores but they’re available online and are reasonably priced.
- Cover the soy curls in fresh water and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chia with the water and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms (save for stock), rough chop the mushrooms and water saute until tender and most of the water has cooked off.
- Drain the soy curls and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add the mushrooms and all remaining ingredients, except the apples, to a food processor and pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Fold in the apples.
- Shape the mixture into logs about 3-inch long and 1-inch in diameter.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes turning them over once or twice to ensure an even color and heat distribution. Be gentle! They’re very fragile until they’re cooked.