Black Bean Soup with Sweet Potatoes
When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing better than a piping hot bowl of soup. This black bean soup hits the spot and the addition of sweet potato make it even more nutritious. Make it with dried beans or canned.
- Water sauté the onion, sweet potato, red bell pepper and celery to soften.
- Add the half of drained beans and half of the liquid.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender with a tight lid.
- Add the remaining beans and liquid.
- Add cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium until the vegetables and sweet potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro.