Creamy Squash Soup
Total: 45 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Creamy, dairy-free butternut squash soup.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp oregano or marjoram
- 5 cups water
- Salt to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Peel squash and cut into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and oregano in 1 tablespoon water for 5 minutes. Add squash, water and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until soft for approximately 20 minutes.
- Blend and adjust for salt.
- Serve garnished with parsley.