Shiitake Onion Miso Soup
I created this super quick savory recipe during a stress induced skin flare up to build my immunity. I call it “Immune Defense” Shiitake onion miso soup.
- Cut onion in half-moon shaped thin slices.
- Sauté onions in 1 cup of boiling water until tender for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat.
- As the water reduces, sprinkle a few pinches of salt onto onions to cause them to sweat. Add minced garlic to onions and stir.
- Immediately stir in miso paste until onions and garlic are covered and mixed well with the paste, pressing miso into onions as you stir.
- Add 3 cups of water while continuously stirring miso, onion and garlic together.
- Once the miso is completely mixed with the liquid (no more lumps can be seen in the pan), slice or cut the the mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices and add them to the soup.
- Stir in Herbs De Provence and garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and Enjoy!
- Pour the completed soup over a half cup of cooked millet
- Add shredded raw Chinese cabbage to the soup mixture after adding the seasonings and cook in with the soup.