Deli Style “Tuna” Salad Sandwich with Cashew Mayo
Recipe from The 40-Year-Old Vegan: 75 Recipes to Make You Leaner, Cleaner, and Greener in the Second Half of Life.
- Blend cashews, garlic, vinegar, sea salt, water in high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Makes approximately ¾ cup mayo, more than needed for this recipe, but you’ll want to keep extra on hand for your favorite sandwiches.
- Mix chickpeas, ⅓ cup of the cashew mayo, and capers in a food processor until creamy, resembling tuna fish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chickpea mixture with celery, salt, and pepper, and stir by hand until completely combined.
- Spread mixture onto three slices of bread. Top with the remaining slices.