Edamame Hummus Wrap
Total: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
The edamame in this hummus gives it an extra special flavor.
- Edamame usually comes frozen. Steam or boil the shelled edamame until it is easy to bite. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove the steamed or boiled edamame and run under cold water in a colander. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the edamame, tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, cumin and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients to your desired consistency.
- Place tortilla on a non-stick pan and heat for about 2 minutes, flipping it over frequently. Allow the tortilla to cool.
- To get a good roll up and to ensure the ingredients are evenly distributed and tightly enclosed, place the items, not in the middle of the tortilla, but closer to the edge.
- Place the spinach first. This will give additional support to the edamame hummus.
- Place ½ cup of edamame hummus on top of spinach.
- Place the cucumber, bell peppers and red onion on top of edamame hummus layer.
- Sprinkle the red chili flakes on top of vegetable layer.
- Roll it up, cut it in half and serve.