Jackfruit Krabby Patty
Krabby jackfruit wonderfulness without the crab. Kelp granules add a nice, fresh ocean flavor.
- Water sauté the celery, daikon and red pepper until tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the ground chia with the aquafaba and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Squeeze as much water from it as you can and shred it between your fingers, or use a fork. Slice the thicker core.
- Add the jackfruit and the remaining ingredients (except aquafaba/chia mixture) to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Lastly, add the aquafaba mixture and stir well to combine.
- Form into patties and cook on the stovetop in a non-stick pan. Cook about 10 minutes on each side until golden. Be careful when flipping.
- They are very fragile when hot but firm up a bit as they cool off.
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments or as is with a salad.
- This recipes makes 4 cakes but you can probably double it if you make them smaller.
- Serve with vegan mayo mixed with horseradish.
- For those of you who haven’t heard of aquafaba, it’s simply the water that chickpeas have cooked in (aqua=water/faba=bean).
- These cakes are still a little sloppy (what great crab cake isn’t?) but mostly they hold together well, certainly well enough to pick one up in a sandwich and devour it.