Sweet Peanut Burgers
This quick, easy recipe is loaded with sweet and spicy Thai flavors. The combination of sweet potatoes and peanut butter gives these burgers a beautiful texture and taste.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas. Do not turn the beans into a paste; just coarsely chop them. (You can also mash them with a fork.) Transfer the chickpeas to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flax mixture and all the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly with your hands. Form the mixture into four to six equal patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the burgers are cooking, whisk together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Top the burgers with the sauce and serve.