Play Certificate Trailer | 2:37
Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate
Overall health and risk of degenerative disease are inextricably linked to dietary practice. This innovative, world-recognized, world-class, online certificate program introduces a new way of thinking about nutrition and explores the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet, based on the research and teachings of Dr. T. Colin Campbell and a variety of other experts in the field.
- Real world knowledge
- Research based content
- Facilitation by trained content experts
- Continuing Education Credits
- Flexible class and payment schedule
- No pre-requisites
Included are 17 information packed lectures, readings, moderated discussions, no-pressure quizzes, bonus materials and more. The program is divided into 3 courses, each taking 2 weeks to complete with an estimated time commitment of 5 to 7 hours per week.
Our courses are offered through the highly rated eCornell platform. eCornell is a subsidiary of Cornell University and provides online professional and executive development to students and teachers around the world.
- Discuss nutrition from the “wholistic” perspective advanced by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Analyze and critique common perceptions of protein, fat, and carbohydrates
- Critically evaluate nutrition claims encountered in the media
- Explain the physiological reasons we are drawn to foods that do not support health
- Describe the role of nutrition in the development of chronic disease
- Talk about environmental consequences of food choices
- Discuss the impact of industry on both science and public policy
- Communicate effectively about the rationale for whole food, plant-based nutrition