Plant-based nutrition course offered by the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies in partnership with eCornell. Enroll
Plant-Based Nutrition Course Description
Overall health and risk of degenerative disease are inextricably linked to dietary practice. This innovative, online certificate program introduces a new way of thinking about nutrition and explores the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet, based on the research and teachings of Dr. T. Colin Campbell and a variety of other experts in the field.
Plant-based nutrition topics include:
- The troubled state of health and healthcare in the United States
- The environmental impact of food production
- The China Project
- Studies on diet and cancer
- Public perception of fat
- Protein – why is it so revered and why does it matter?
- And more!
After course completion you will be able to:
- Discuss nutrition from the “wholistic” perspective advanced by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
- Critique common perceptions of widely discussed nutrients
- Analyze the relationship between nutrition and common patterns of health and disease
- Critique the impact of nutrient supplements and traditional medical practices upon health
- Critically evaluate the public discourse on nutrition
- Describe some of the environmental consequences of food choices
- Discuss the impact of industry on both science and public policy
- Communicate effectively about the rationale for whole food, plant-based nutrition
Who should enroll in this certificate program?
Individuals seeking to improve their own personal health, as well as medical, nutritional, and health education professionals who want to enhance their skills and education.