Play Course Intro | 2:46
Nutrition for a Healthy Heart
This course is essential for anyone who wants to strengthen and improve their heart health. Learn about the positive impact optimal nutrition can have on quality of life.
- Practical information on how to shop, stock your kitchen and identify heart healthy foods
- Historical and contemporary research with citations
- World-renowned faculty
- Lessons from multiple disciplines including: nutrition, clinical care, psychology, and epidemiology
- Readily available live, expert instructor team
- Network with students from around the world
- Continuing education credits available for dietitians
- Credits for additional health professions coming soon
This two week course contains six modules. You can expect to spend about 3-4 hours per week completing the learning activities, participating in online discussions, and working on course projects.
Our courses are offered through the highly rated eCornell platform. eCornell is a subsidiary of Cornell University and provides online professional and executive development to students and teachers around the world.
- Understand the state of nutrition and reflect on your personal nutritional background
- Discuss the history of heart disease and nutrition research
- Describe the fundamental processes of heart disease
- Articulate a heart disease reversal diet, along with the science that supports it
- Be able to stock a kitchen with the food and items you need to be heart healthy
- Understand the forces behind your motivation, and the barriers to your success