1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, using “convection bake,” if available, to speed cooking time.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Then cut the two halves lengthwise once more.
4. Use a sharp knife or mandolin to slice into thin lengthwise slices.
5. Prepare the sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine.
6. Use a cooking brush to cover both sides of the eggplant slices with sauce. Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes (turning the slices halfway through cooking time) or until the eggplant is dry and slightly crisp.
8. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
1. Once cooled, store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or in the freezer. To reheat, place in a skillet over medium heat, or in an oven at 300 degrees F for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
2. You can substitute low sodium soy sauce for the gluten-free tamari.