These soft, moist muffins are a delight! The cinnamon and cardamom give them a warm spiced flavor that goes well with the cherries.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 45 mins
Yield: 12 big muffins
buckwheat flour (substitute any flour of your choice)
1 ¼ cups
oat flour (substitute any flour of your choice)
dried figs, chopped
unsweetened plant-based milk
2 heaped Tbsp
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
vegan dark chocolate, chopped
cherries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 355 degrees F (180 C).
2. Chop the figs and soak in plant-based milk for at least half an hour.
3. While the figs are soaking finely chop the chocolate and set it aside. Combine all other dry ingredients in a bowl. Place the figs and milk in blender. Add all the remaining wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the wet mixture on dry ingredients and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps. Stir in chopped chocolate.
5. Fill 12 muffin forms (I use silicone forms) with the batter and place two cherries into each muffin.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool a bit before removing from the forms.