2. Toast the sunflower seeds in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often. Cook until browned and fragrant, then remove from the skillet.
3. In the skillet, combine diced onion, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
4. In a food processor pulse the toasted sunflower seeds until they form a course powder. Add the sautéed veggies and remaining ingredients, then pulse until the mixture is well combined. Be sure to stop processing before the mixture becomes a paste.
5. Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper. Divide and shape the mixture into 6 burgers.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. These veggie burgers freeze well.
1. Serve with your favorite toppings on a whole grain bun. Shown with sauteed mushrooms, sliced red onion, arugula, pickles, cucumbers, avocado, and homemade cashew cheese.