1. Preheat the oven to 500°. Cut the onion and bell pepper into generous bite-sized pieces. Remove the tough ends from the asparagus then break it into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Clean the mushrooms and cut off any tough stems.
2. Place all the vegetables except the tomatoes into a large bowl and sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss to mix. Spread in a single layer in one or two large baking dishes lined with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven until the vegetables are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta in boiling water. Drain and rinse, then arrange on a large platter. Top with the roasted vegetables and fresh diced tomatoes.
1. For variety substitute cooked polenta, quinoa, or rice for the pasta.
2. Lining with parchment paper makes for an easy clean-up as the veggies won’t stick to the baking dish. No oil required!
3. Substitute other vegetables, depending on the season. Choose vegetables that cook in about the same amount of time, or begin cooking the longer-cooking vegetables first.