This vegetable fried rice is a great way to incorporate variety and nutrition into your weekly menu. This healthy dish is a creative spin on traditional fried rice that brims with colorful vegetables abundant in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It is a delicious plant-based option for anyone looking for a quick, easy weeknight dinner or a flavorful side dish. With its colorful vegetables and distinctive sauce, it is sure to become a staple in your home.
cooked brown jasmine rice, preferably leftover and chilled
extra-firm tofu, cut in ½-inch cubes
garlic cloves, minced
broccoli florets, blanched
sliced green onions
toasted sesame seeds
coconut sugar or date paste
garlic clove, minced
Thai sweet or garlic chili sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place tofu on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Alternatively, cook at 400 degrees F in an air fryer for 15 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and set aside. Once the tofu is cooked, stir it in the sauce and let marinate for 10 minutes.
3. In a heated pan, sauté the onions for 3–4 minutes.
4. Add the carrots and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the marinated tofu with sauce and the cooked brown rice. Sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add the broccoli and peas and cook for another minute.
7. Add the green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
1. To blanch the broccoli, bring a pan of water to a boil. Have a bowl of iced water ready along with a strainer. Cook the broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute before plunging it in the bowl of iced water using a slotted spoon. Drain and set aside.
2. Look for unsalted, oil-free natural peanut butter.