Nutrition in Popular Media: A Plant Paradox
In this webinar hosted by eCornell, T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell, MD, bestselling coauthors of The China Study, discuss nutrition science as it is presented in the popular media. They also discuss the recent surge in popularity of the recent popular diet book, The Plant Paradox, by Steven Gundry, MD, which claims that a diverse class of food compounds known as lectins are the main culprit behind much of human disease. Topics include:
- How Drs. Campbell interpret the claims that lectins are the largely undiscovered cause of much of human disease.
- The differences between a low-lectin diet prescription and a whole-food, plant-based diet.
- How nutrition science is presented in popular books and public media.
- The various factors that create nutrition messages in popular culture.
- Strategies to know who and what to believe in your efforts to improve health.
Copyright 2020 Center for Nutrition Studies. All rights reserved.