sweet potatoes (steamed, mashed with a bit of water)
pure vanilla extract
Medjool dates, pitted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 5 x 7-inch baking pan with parchment paper. (I use a glass Pyrex baking dish.)
2. Into the bowl of a large food processor or blender, place 20 pitted dates, plus 1 cup water. Process until pureed. Add the other brownie ingredients, and mix until just combined.
3. Pour batter, which will be very thick, into the baking pan. Make sure the batter is very evenly distributed in the pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Remove brownies from oven and allow to rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. While the brownies are cooling, you can prepare the frosting.
5. Using a food processor or blender, blend frosting ingredients together. Then slather over the top of the brownies, and serve.