Total: 45 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Tomato paste is the secret ingredient in this plant-based cabbage, carrot and celery soup.
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, grated
- 1-2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped (or 1-2 leeks, sliced)
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Pinch or two cayenne pepper (optional)
- Put all vegetables and herbs into a large soup pot, stir in tomato paste and add water to 1-2 inches below the highest level of the vegetables.
- Simmer until all vegetables are soft (about 30 minutes).