1. In a thick-bottomed soup pot, heat 2 Tbsp of water. Once it starts to sizzle, add onions and sauté until they become translucent.
2. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute, adding 1 Tbsp of water if necessary.
3. Add sweet potatoes, carrots, vegetable broth, turmeric, and enough water to cover the veggies. Stir well, bring to a boil, and let simmer until the veggies are soft enough for pureéing, about 10-13 minutes.
4. Let the soup cool down a bit, then add cashews and puree with an immersion or regular blender. Add a little hot water if the soup is too thick.
5. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
1. If not using a high-powered blender, soak the cashews for 2-3 hours before blending.
2. Add cooked red lentils, chickpeas, or your favorite beans to make a heartier soup.
3. Serve the soup with 1 Tbsp sprinkled nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.