Sweet Pepper–Coconut Corn Chowder
My niece, Kelly, went to Africa as a volunteer nurse and became a plant-based eater. She brought this recipe back and shared it with us, and it has been a family favorite ever since.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté the leeks, carrots, garlic, jalapeño pepper, and bell peppers in the water until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out one-third of the mixture and process in a blender until smooth. Add the mixture from the blender back to the pot and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- If you prefer the chowder thinner, add more water.
- Serve this colorful dish with brown rice and a mixed green salad for a perfect meal.