15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
vegetable stock, divided
celery stalk, diced
garlic cloves, minced
jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
red bell pepper, seeded and diced
cup frozen corn
1 ½ cups
canned white hominy, rinsed and drained
nutritional yeast flakes
8-ounce can green chili peppers
chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place half the cannellini beans in a blender with 1 cup of vegetable stock, and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté the celery, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and bell pepper in ½ cup vegetable stock.
3. To the pot of vegetables, add the remaining ½ cup vegetable stock, the remaining half of the beans, the creamy bean mixture, and the rest of the ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 20–30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and broth is creamy.
4. Add fresh cilantro and serve.
1. In place of just green chilies, use a can of diced fire roasted tomatoes mixed with green chilies.
2. Consider adding some spinach, kale, or arugula to the chili before serving.