Total: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Try this fun and creative way of including more eggplant in your whole foods, plant-based diet.
- Place the thinly sliced eggplant into 350 degrees F oven until the eggplant is tender but not too soft. Remove from oven when finished and allow to cool
- For the sauce, saute the onion in a small amount of water or vegetable broth until soft
- Add 2 tsp oregano and 3 Tbsp tomato paste and stir well.
- Add the diced tomatoes stirring thoroughly, simmer for 20 minutes.
- For the filling, crumble the tofu into a hot pan, add the garlic, 1 Tbsp oregano, basil and Swiss chard and cook until the chard is soft.
- Add 3 Tbsp tomato paste and stir well.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Place 1-2 Tbsp of mixture into the center of the eggplant and roll, ensuring that the the overlapping piece is placed down in a baking dish.
- Top with sauce and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.