Total: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Try this fun and creative way of including more eggplant in your whole foods, plant-based diet.
- Place the thinly sliced eggplant into 350 degrees F oven until the eggplant is tender but not too soft.
- Dice up the large onion and saute in a small amount of water or vegetable broth until soft
- Add oregano and tomato paste and stir well.
- Add the diced tomatoes stirring thoroughly, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- Crumble the tofu into a hot pan, add the garlic, oregano, basil and swiss chard and cook until the swiss chard is soft.
- Add tomato paste and stir well.
- Allow mixture to cool.