Roasted Beet Hummus
This roasted beet hummus is a tasty as it is colorful.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop off beet greens as they meet the root and keep for future use. (Steamed beet greens are delicious).
- Wash beets well.
- Do not remove skins, place all three beets in a sheet of aluminum foil and close tightly.
- Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove beets from oven and cool. Remove skins. They should come off easily after roasting.
- Place the beets and remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Purée on high until creamy, if grainy, add additional water.