Roasted Beet Hummus
This Beet Hummus is created without oil, it does contain tahini, as sesame seed paste which contains natural oils. Cannellini Beans are my favourite bean, white and creamy they blend well into sauces and dips.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop off beet greens as they meet the root and keep for future use. (Steamed Beet Greens are delicious).
- Wash beet skin with scrubber under cold running water, towel dry.
- Do not remove skins, place all three beets in a sheet of aluminum foil and close tightly.
- Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove beets from oven to cool.
- In bowl of food processor, place the other ingredients , including skinned beets. (Except the additional water).
- Pulse until combined.
- Purée on high until creamy, if grainy, add additional water and more seasonings to taste.
- Using a fork, fork the beet firmly, take a paring knife and slip around the skin of the beet, scraping off the skin. This protects from touching the beets and dying your hands.