The stunning combination of cherries and chocolate turns this healthy little plant-based snack into an incredible delight, elevating regular ol’ banana bread from good to superb. From really simple and wholesome ingredients comes a delicious indulgence. No dairy. No white flour. No white sugar. No oil. No guilt.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 5 mini bread pans (each 3-inch x 6-inch), or line 12 muffin cups with parchment liners.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. In a medium bowl, mix together the bananas, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until almost combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
3. Fill baking pans or muffin liners evenly. Bake breads for 24-28 minutes. Bake muffins for 18-24 minutes, or until golden, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
1. Makes 5 mini breads (3-inch x 6-inch each) or 12 muffins