The stunning combination of cherries and chocolate turns this healthy little plant-based snack into an incredible delight, elevating regular ol’ banana bread from good to superb. From simple, wholesome ingredients comes a delicious indulgence. No dairy. No white flour. No white sugar. No oil. No guilt.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 5 mini bread pans (each 3-inch x 6-inch), or line 12 muffin cups with parchment liners.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. In a medium bowl, mix together the bananas, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until almost combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
3. Fill the baking pan evenly. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center and see if it comes out clean.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the bread to a cooling rack.
1. You can also make five mini breads (3x6 inches each) or 12 muffins