With freshly grated zucchini, applesauce, and allspice, this deliciously & easy recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate 2 cups of zucchini, which is approximately 2 small zucchinis.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, apple juice concentrate, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add grated zucchini to wet mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Stir in walnuts, if using.
- Spoon batter into non-stick loaf pan. Bake on center rack of oven for approximately 50 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Turn bread out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing or storing.
- Serve as breakfast, snack, or dessert. I really like it served warm!