2. Trim the ends of the mushrooms. Cut off the mushroom caps and thinly slice. Use a fork to shred the mushroom stems. If using regular oyster or shiitake mushrooms, thinly slice. Place in an oven-safe baking pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, coriander, orange juice, lime juice, vegetable stock, and maple syrup (or date paste).
4. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms and toss gently until evenly coated. Let the mushrooms sit in the marinade for 15-20 minutes while the oven heats. Bake marinated mushrooms for 30 minutes or until slightly crisp, stirring halfway through for even cooking.
5. Bake marinated mushrooms for 30 minutes or until slightly crisp, stirring halfway through for even cooking.
6. In a large heated skillet, sauté onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until onions are caramelized. Add cooked mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
1. You may use oyster, shiitake, or button mushrooms in place of the king oyster mushrooms.
2. You may use jackfruit or soy curls in place of mushrooms.