This hearty noodle stir-fry dish is a wonderful way to get a colorful variety of veggies all in one place. It features a delicious flavor combination that rivals takeout but is oh so much healthier, and it can be customized to your taste buds.
bell peppers, preferably a mix of red and yellow, sliced
low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
sweet red chili sauce
lime, cut in wedges
1. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together until combined. Taste, adding more hot sauce if desired. Set the sauce aside.
2. Boil a large pot of water. Add the broccoli florets and blanch for one minute. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Using the same pot of boiling water, prepare the noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
4. In a large pan, sauté the onions in a few tablespoons of water, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the peppers and carrots, and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the blanched broccoli and cook until softened but still crisp.
5. Add the cooked noodles and sauce to the veggies, and toss until everything is evenly coated. Add chopped peanuts, cilantro, scallion, and lime wedges for garnish if desired.
1. You can use peanut butter powder instead of the peanut butter for a lower fat dish.