Total: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
This plant-based mushroom gravy is guilt-free, delicious and perfect for your next holiday gathering.
- 1 12 oz package of button or baby portabella mushrooms
- 1-2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp whole grain flour
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Clean and slice mushrooms, then sauté them in water until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup of stock until smooth (you can shake it in a small plastic container with a tight fitting lid).
- Add remaining stock to the mushrooms, the soy sauce and about 1/2 the flour mixture.
- Bring gravy to a simmer for 3- 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- If the gravy is not thick enough for your taste add the remaining flour mixture and continue heating and stirring until it thickens.
- Serve warm (and as soon as possible).