Savory Shiitake Gravy
Succulent and satisfying, entirely oil-free and gluten-free, this Shiitake mushroom recipe will make plant-based eaters, vegetarians and omnivores reach for seconds.
- Steam onions and garlic in 3-4 Tbsp of water until tender.
- Add the remaining cup of water to skillet. Add all other ingredients except mushrooms and corn starch.
- Cook briefly (1-2 min.) Add mushrooms and turn the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 30 min.
- Thicken mixture with water and cornstarch.
- Serve over brown rice or your favorite grain.