These vegan muffins pack a powerful nutritional punch unlike traditional muffins, which are often full of butter, sugar, and saturated fats. They make a great breakfast, and are the perfect size for a light lunch or mid afternoon snack.
2. Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Pour in a bit of vegetable broth and stir in the garlic and sweet potato. Saute for about 5 minutes, and then toss in the spinach. Cook for another 2 minutes, until the spinach is completely wilted. Remove from heat, and allow to cool fully before moving on to the next step.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Mash the tofu well, and add it to the dry ingredients.
4. Add into the large bowl the cooked vegetables, chopped chard and parsley, and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
5. Fill the baking molds ( I use baking paper for each muffin)
6. Sprinkle hemp seeds on each muffin
7. Bake for 25 min.
1. The vegetables can easily be sauted up to a day in advance, and kept in the fridge until ready to use. When you’re ready to bake, take the veggies out of the fridge and bring to room temperature while you assemble the batter.
2. These muffins will last for two days if properly wrapped and stored in the fridge.