Curried Red Lentil Soup
This wonderful soup in all its comforting glory is one of my all-time favorites. So very good on a cold night with a warm loaf of crusty bread, this soup works its magic in just about an hour, and it’s really good enough for company. Make it a day or two ahead of time if you like; it just seems to get better with time. Plus, it freezes well too.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker pot, except the water and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to create an even creamier texture, if desired. Stir in the fresh lemon juice and water, and serve hot.
- Add all ingredients to large soup pot, except the lemon juice. Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover, and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lentils cook down to a smooth creamy soup.
- Use an immersion blender to create an even creamier texture, if desired. Stir in fresh lemon juice, and serve hot.
- This soups goes wonderfully with diced boiled potatoes, baby green peas, whole wheat pasta, or brown rice.